Wednesday, November 4

Doc Marten Boots: Friend or Foe?

Recently for my birthday I was fortunate enough to acquire my very first pair of Doc Marten boots (finally!) To me, Doc's epitomize everything that is effortlessly cool, so you can only imagine my poorly hidden excitement as I handed over my earnings at a trendy little boutique. Truthfully, there are many advantages to the boots: firstly (and most notably), they are durable. (Seriously, I've spoken to people who have had theirs for over 8 years!) These boots will last long after I've moved on from my faux punk youth. They're also high quality, edgy, and considerably warm.

As I sat through my three hour art history lecture today however I couldn't deny one of the major disadvantages any longer...the pain! Unfortunately due to the strength of the leather used these little booties really do take a while to break in (and it's not an easy transition). They are also not wholly water proof, I had to use a seal on them which made them look a little glossier than I would have hoped. Of course there are other factors (they aren't cheap, and you do take the risk of being perceived as a know-it-all little punk by figures of authority - one that I'm personally willing to take).

On the whole I think I'm still in love, or at least infatuation. That's what true love means after all, accepting and adoring somebody despite their flaws. Only time will tell how my relationship with Doc will evolve. Let me know what you think!

No comments: