Tuesday, January 19

Working Girl



Trench Coat - Jacob, Dress (worn as shirt) - Le Chateau
Jeans - Zara, Belt - H&M, Hat, Urban Outfitters

Today I asked the question that nearly all fashionistas will inevitably be forced to ask at one point in their lives. "How do I dress for an office environment while maintaining my unique personal style?" Turns out all it takes is a little creativity! Fortunately, my office is fairly casual so I was able to break a couple rules (jeans at work for example), however you working girls can still take inspiration from my ideas and make them your own. Here's the 5 second summary: start with a dark pant, or another classic piece as a base, add a fun piece with a more conservative cut to add a bit of personality (here I wore a printed dress as a shirt), keep it covered up but well fitted. And lastly, a trench coat as a topper is always a great investment piece that flatters many body types.

You will also note that I got a little carried away with the tripod and attempted a jumping photo. These definitely only work in preteen movies! Well, I tried. Until next time, Nikki signing out.

1 comment:

Van Wickiam said...

I quite enjoy that 2nd pose, you look quite pleased :)