Wednesday, January 13

Would You Wear This?



Well, I have officially commenced my second semester of fashion school (yay!) Currently I'm experiencing a mixture of bitter sweet feelings. Pro - I get to make my own designs this semester. Con - I have quite possibly the most boring textbook one might encounter. As I was reading (falling asleep on my desk) I did happen to come across a little biography on Charles Frederick Worth, who for those of you who are not fashion historians, is commonly known as the grandfather of haute couture. While I have heard his name tossed around, I have never actually looked into his work. I must say that I am quite impressed. Why do we never see these intricacies today? (Well...most of the time anyway). Worth was known for his ability to flatter a client's character and complexion, as well as inject history into his gowns in an edgy fashion. Not too shabby if you ask me! But ultimately the question remains. Would you wear this? I would in a New York minute!

On a side note: got some great vintage finds today, I'll try to photograph them soon!

3 comments:

Grzesi said...

Personally, I wouldn't wear it for the fear that it would make my butt look big(ger) :-)

Van Wickiam said...

Eh, I don't think I could pull it off.

Those are some pretty intense dresses though, i can't imagine how much time it would take to make them.

Unknown said...

I would wear that in a heartbeat! Although I don't think I could pull it off as well as the ladies in the paintings.