Saturday, February 6

Fendi and Me



Up until this point my relationship with Fendi has been quite distant (mostly just admiring magazine spreads and occassionally lurking the racks in Holt Renfrew). After the completion of my most recent painting however, I feel much more intimate with the brand (perhaps it's the obscene amount of hours that I spent staring at the logo!). For this school assignment we were asked to render the original photograph of our choice (in my case, a 90s Fendi ad) as precisely as possible with a primary focus on colour matching. We also had to paint 72 of the squares in greyscale (just in case you were wondering). I'm personally quite pleased with the results...and just pleased that it's over in general! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the painting, the brand, anything! Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Van Wickiam said...

Holy shit!
This turned out so good! Once again I'd love to see this in person.
I think you should start uploading some your art either to da or flickr, or make a blog dedicated just to your art, or showcase your art more, it's very fresh :)