Monday, February 1

Let's Assemble




In case you were wondering why this blogger doesn't always have a chance to post, here's one reason: painstakingly meticulous fashion homework. For this assignment we had to take a fashion image from a magazine (I chose a Vogue photograph of Bjork), and then recreate the image using found materials. Despite the fact that this was quite time consuming, I am quite pleased with the results. Here are the materials I used to create this image:

Face - Pastel
Hair - Weave (Shopper's Drugmart)
Dress - Kleenex, and watercolour paints

I also took my sewing machine to the paper after to recreate the cool distressed effect. The top image is the original collage, the second is a photocopy (which is supposed to unify the image a bit), the third is a close up, and the fourth shows a detailed view of some of the garment. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Van Wickiam said...

Nikki! that turned out so well, I want to see it in person, it looks great =D