Wednesday, June 10

An Affair With My Hair

Behold dear readers, the pixie cut. Only to be worn by the most daring, chiseled, and genetically blessed of our population. It is my personal view that every girl secretly wishes to don this daring trim (however it is also a view of mine that sequins can and should be worn to high school). Unfortunately the sad truth is that this cut is quite difficult to pull off, and often requires the "heroin chic" frame of a waif to avoid looking out of proportion or -fear of all fears- masculine!

With my hair I look for two things: easy maintenance, and a method to escape my boredom. While I hate styling my hair I love trying out new looks. I have avoided colouring for the past couple years as I have learned the hard way that your natural usually suits you best, however as spring turns to summer and my ends turn unseasonably weathered I am feeling that the time has come to try something new. If the key to pulling off any look is killer confidence, could I be a pixie girl? Does the fact that I will be going off to school in the fall have any affect on this decision? (Note to readers: my hair grows at a moderate rate.) Please give your two cents, I'm simply dying to know! Also, if you have an idea for a different cut that would suit me feel free to mention it!

Yours truly,

Nikki

3 comments:

Van said...

Hmm Nikki,
to be honest, i think you could suit most haircuts because you are just that ridiculously good looking.

Sadly, i have not the slightest clue as to what you could possibly do with your hair. I've always been terrible when it comes to that sort of thing, all I can do is make judgement after seeing it.

Actually i saw go for it, i just saw some picture of a girl with one, and i could totally see you pulling it off....and if not(highly doubt) hair does grow back after all!

P. Nuttall said...

GO FOR IT! :P

sunny said...

Sadly, it's true, the pixie cut is one of my favorite hair cuts. I keep my bangs cut to 'baby' style, shorter than pixie, but I just can't bring myself to cut my hair that short. Although I just got an asymetrical bob style ordeal *looks very good if I might add* which is way shorter than my normal hair, one side touches my sholder and the other side is just past my chin. Eh, but to the point, if your gona cut your hair pixie style, get a good cut~ I dont particularly like the picture you posted, I've seen better, I think you could deff work the pixie, if a girl is gona rock a short doo, they have to have a slimmer more feminin face *alough even masculine touches are nice* and a sense of style. Try it out, hair grows, plus you get the excuse of spiking your hair up all pretty with girly bows and stuff. :)

~Sunny