Tuesday, June 9

Queen Bee




Yesterday, as I was reading one of my favourite fashionable publications of all time, also known as Vogue, I came across a striking black and white image of a ravishing woman. I read on (as I cannot skip an article, even if it is about...science!...) and found that what I perceived to be a beautiful and self-assured woman is just that (and more!) The woman in question is Queen Rania of Jordan, an individual whom I had never heard of in the past because - let's face it - Jordan is relatively obscure. What I found so compelling about the Queen in question was that as opposed to sitting back and relaxing in her highly coveted throne, she has flung herself full force into global issues and changing stereotypes worldwide. She has valuable opinions and forces the rest of the world to listen. Queen Rania is also incredibly modern, using Youtube as a method of broadcasting to the public. I was thoroughly impressed by her demure appearance, her ambition, her selflessness, and her confidence. She is the type of woman that females worldwide should aspire to be.
As this is a fashion blog I do have my two cents about her clothing choices. Frankly, I think that they are wonderful, and perfectly suitable to her age and position. There has been some controversy as she chooses not to wear a culturally traditional garb, and is not at all conservative in her dress, however as she explains it, her fashion choices are a form of expression. I think that her unapologetic boldness in fashion and in life is what this world needs!

1 comment:

Van said...

I found her quite interesting after reading this lovely post of yours Nikki.
It's nice seeing someone in some level power not being horribly concerned with being perfect and willing to express themselves :)