Wednesday, August 5

Best (Coat)Dressed











As I am starting my career at fashion school in the fall it only makes sense that I maintain my sewing skills (not to mention I enjoy it!) With this in mind I bring you my latest creation. Is it a coat? Is it a dress? Actually, it's a coatdress! It can be worn as a coverup or alone as I have done in the above photos. I constructed this dress using a vintage Vogue pattern which I found for the most reasonable price of $5.99 in the "do not reorder" bin! I got a little crafty and used a very unique fabric which actually holds it's place if you bunch it up (see the bow) but will flatten out back to its natural form in seconds from a single touch (brilliant!) Wearing it makes me feel like a true lady of the past...puts a little Audrey Hepburn in my step one might say. I think it would also look nice in a really colourful embroidered brocade fabric. Oh well...time to move onto my next project!
P.S. I have included a photo of my lizard Fred who I referenced in my last post. Isn't he wonderful? My friends think he's a pet only a parent could love...

1 comment:

Van said...

My goodness, you're talented Nikki. That looks great =D

Also Fred is pretty bitchin'