Friday, May 22

Vanity Fair


In photography we have to do a self portrait for our final assignment (which I was super excited about). Above is one of my shots...I know, the smudge from my scanner really ads to the effect. Anyways, tomorrow I am going downtown to shop with my mother (as long as the weather permits). This time around I am looking to buy some fabulous summer wear, along with some basics. I'd really like a black pencil skirt (to pair with band tees of course), as well as some tanks from American Apparel, a little black bomber jacket, some bottoms (I only have two functional pairs of shorts right now!), and I'll likely pick up some shoes as well... anyway, you will surely be hearing more about that upon my return! Love always, Nikki

4 comments:

John said...

Interesting self-portrait. How many shots did you end up taking? Did you go straight for black and white?

Van said...

Oh my Nikki, this is quite a picture, i love the contrast, i'm excited to do this next year

Shann. said...

This is a lovely picture hun.

nikki said...

At school we use classic 35mm SLR cameras with film so black and white is actually the only option (colour would make things too complicated!) I ended up taking one roll of film (about 36 shots) but I haven't decided how many I'm going to develop yet! Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! :)