Sunday, May 17

Zap! Bam! Pow!

Today I watched one of my favourite episodes of the OC. It is where Seth dresses up as a superhero (Spiderman in particular) and wields his powers to win back Summer (the love of his life). Actually, it's a little bit more complicated than that, but I thought: if becoming a superhero can help you to obtain your heart's desire, what am I waiting for? My modern day hero ensemble would be as follows (clockwise from top left):

Leotard - American Apparel - What Superhero doesn't wear a leotard of sorts? This one by American Apparel was simply too cool to pass up.

Lash Stiletto Mascara - Maybelline - When trying to blend in with ordinary humans it is best to keep a natural, clean face, however long spiky lashes are the perfect device to attract anyone's Superman.

Leather Leggings - Topshop - I always imagined my alter-ego self as being tough and badass. With that being said every Superhero needs to be flexible and mobile. These leggings are the best of both worlds, the appearance of leather and the mobility of spandex!

Boots - Dr.Martins - My favourite punky style, both durable (for combat) and intimidating!

Leather Jacket - Danier - Every hero (even really tough ones) needs a bright staple accessory to balance out their dark appearance. This jacket follows the two unspoken rules of a Superhero staple: 1) It says "don't mess with me", 2) It's in a primary colour.

What would you wear if you were a Superhero?

3 comments:

Sir Pumpkin Longshanks said...

That's sexy. My Superhero attire would be the silver dolce's with black lame pants from American Apparel, silver lame jacket also from AA, black bandanna tied like the ninja do and probably some black gloves of some sort.

Anonymous said...

Hey! The Danier jacket you were eyeing at the mall yesterday! Nice! PS: I think your looks are deceiving. You aren't intimidating at all:)

-Karissa

Van said...

Spraypaint my body blue, throw on a speed o and do it Dr.Manhattan Watchmen style. I kid.

If I were a superhero, i'd wear something like what Mr.Fantastic from the fantastic four wears :)